Acne or acne vulgaris is the collective term given to a wide range of skin problems. Pimples, pustules, papules, nodules, cysts, pinheads, blackheads and whiteheads are all different forms of acne.
There is Aof acne out-breaks with the onset of puberty in most people. However for some it may continue till the age of 30 or even beyond. Over-active oil glands and hormonal turbulence are the two basic causes of acne. Bacteria, dust, dirt and smoke mingle with accumulated oil or sebum to give rise to acne. We often come up with complaints of acne on our face but tend to ignore body acne. This is because face is what everybody sees while acne on body is mostly hidden from view.
But this is an incorrect way to deal with beauty related issues. Our entire body from head to foot is important to us and therefore we must take care of the entire body and not the face alone.
Body acne usually occurs on neck, arms, chest, shoulders, legs and buttocks. It may range from mild to moderate or severe. It may be inflammatory, non-inflammatory or a combination of both. Pustules, papules, nodules and cysts come under the inflammatory category while Comedones or blackheads and whiteheads are the non-inflammatory type. Body acne could be quite painful at times and sweat and allergic reactions to new cosmetics, tight clothing and synthetic fabrics, sensitive skin and impact of harsh soaps and laundry detergents worsen the condition.
Home Remedies for Body Acne
1. Regularly take shower and use an anti-bacterial soap or salicylic acid-based body wash while bathing.
2. Don’t allow sweat to settle on your body, for it attaches dust, dirt and germs, further clogging pores and exacerbating acne conditions. Keep wiping with a clean towel.
3. A cream or ointment containing benzyl peroxide could be quite helpful.
4. Gently massage Aloe Vera gel on acne affected regions. This would soothe and heal the lesions.
5. Mix yoghurt and lime juice or strawberry juice and apply on acne affected regions. This will cure body acne.
6. Make a paste of cucumber and apply on skin. Rinse off after 20 minutes. This is an effective home remedy for body acne.
7. Application of tea tree oil also heals body acne.
8. Keep your hands away from acne affected face, for it will only help in carrying the bacteria, dirt and oil to the rest of the body. Wash hands time and again.
9. Bed linens should be kept clean. If the linen is dirty, your skin will acquire the dirt when you lie on it. This will congest and infect pores, worsening body acne.
10 Avoid refined sugar, iodine-rich food, dairy products, hydrogenated oils and fatty, junk food
11. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day to flush out toxins from body.
12. Take zinc and Vitamin A supplements to tackle body acne problem.
by: Dr Easton Patrick
About The Author
Read more Home Remedies for Body Acne at http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/homeremedy/body-acne.htm. Also know useful Home Remedies for Boils at http://www.home-remedies-guide.com/boils.htm